Monday, January 31, 2011

At the End of the Escalator

Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.”Matthew 18:19-20

Then he brought them out and said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” And they said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.” And they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all who were in his house. And he took them the same hour of the night and washed their wounds; and he was baptized at once, he and all his family.
*********************************************************************************************
At some point beginning today's journey, or once we arrived in Miami...I had texted Gracie to see if she had already gone back to school at Wingate.  Her reply was "yep."  I'll have to say just for a second...I thought maybe she hadn't and would be there tonight when we arrived at Charlotte Douglas.  But, she kept on with some other conversation and I let the thought go...

Our flight was very late getting in, and I knew she had morning classes so it would have been crazy for her to be there.  I was hoping Tony, Susan's husband was going to be there for her though...and Michael told me when we were in Miami that Tony wasn't coming because he had to work tomorrow.  Flustered me a bit...she's been gone all this time and he couldn't come....love you Bubba and apologize for being flustered...only to find out later that he gave up his seat to come pick up the girls for my Gracie.  I love you Tony...thank you!

As the Charlotte flight came down the escalator into baggage claim, what do I find but Michael standing there as I had anticipated...and also my Gracie.  Her big beautiful smile shining knowing she had pulled one over on her momma.  Pleasantly I might add! 

I know what you may be thinking...who does she hug first?  Well....knowing the other would understand, and I think knowing that he knew who I would hug first...I went to my Gracie.  She had been on my mind and my heart for so much of this trip.  From thinking about her while talking and sharing with Connie.  Thinking of how God is leading her into the ministry and feeling His Presence in her and my life.  Not being able to talk to her on Skype as we had planned and how we both struggled so much with that until we had to give that up to God to control...and He did.  To watching the youth skits at LaHoya's church and realizing what God is doing in her life.  I want her so much to experience this culture, and although she has through me and my pictures, stories over the years...I want her to carry it in her heart.  So, yeah...she was with me in a big way this year and I had to get to her and get/give a hug. 

Michael was given a hug from Susie...so he was covered and then we switched...He understands this love I have for my girl.  He understands this bond that we share, our past, our struggles, and he comfortably understands his role in being our blessing from God that pulled our past pains from a bad marriage into a blessed family household that loves God, and worships Him together. 

I love you both, Michael and Gracie!  I've never asked 'permission' to go on the trip each year...I laugh as I type that.  I guess I'm not an 'ask permission' type person...but I do know your love for me well enough to know that you enable my desires and allow me to follow my heart, my dream, my gifts...so for that I say 'thank you.'

Blessings!

Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. Husbands, love your wives, and do not be harsh with them. Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord. Fathers, do not provoke your children, lest they become discouraged.

No comments:

Post a Comment