Sunday, January 30, 2011

Fully Equipped for the Journey Home


Suitcases packed with some dirty clothes....some left behind.  Extra tolietries, snacks, or little extras given to Amy to keep.  What few souveniers I purchased are stowed away in the suitcase...my fresh coffee, a small painting from Betty's in Santo Domingo....passport and documents completed and ready to go through security/immigration/customs as we exit the country....heading home.

I'm tired...in a way, I'm dreading this day.  It's a day of anticipation of returning home to family and loved ones...but it's also a return to 'reality.'  We're all so blessed with our lives in the states...no doubt.  But, I for one dread the return to the rat race...the demands of my life.  I only wish I had a few days to savor, if you will, and process the thoughts.  But, our lives await us and what blessed lives we have. 

I feel fully equipped to give it another shot at showing the "God in me" more than I did before I left.  I fall so short of that sometimes...I know...we all do.  But, upon returning you find yourself resenging the 'nothingness' in our lives...the mundane happenings that are non-productive in showing the love of Christ or helping others....
So, for awhile...I'll be good...spot on...aware, equipped.  I pray each year that I can hang on a little bit longer each year so as not to forget the armour for which we were suited with while in Barahona.  The simplicity, the unconditional caring and love....the eyes of Jesus.




Leaving the island of Hispanola



"Equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen"  Hebrew 13:21




No comments:

Post a Comment