Sunday, January 23, 2011

Giving up control.........

"Letting go doesn't mean giving up, but rather accepting that there are things that cannot be." Unknown
******************************************************************************************************
As you can see from the date, I'm posting these upon my return from the Dominican.  On Sunday night after being in church all day...I began to realize my focus was so intuned to keeping others informed of what was going on over there that I couldn't focus on what I was truly to be doing and how God would use us.

I had persuaded my supervisor to allow me to work a little, checking emails, responding with information the nurses would need, etc.  I stayed up very late a couple of nights in order to get just 4 hours of work done...WiFi connection was horrible and it would take multiple tries to stay on the internet.  I was so frustrated that I could see satan using it to defer my thoughts and attention.  So, Sunday night I made the decision to walk away from work committments and emailed my supervisor. 

Because of the schedule, being so tired in the evening....and having difficulty getting on-line.  I decided to also walk away from feeling like I had to  post a blog every day and instead kept notes and would do it when I came home. 

The next day...it became easier just to share with my family through IM'ing on Skype and no doubt in my mind...God eased that burden because I let my control issues go.  He allowed me just enough connection to at least be able to check in with them both each day.

**********************************************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment