Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Last of the Packing...100 Pounds of Stuff and Love

The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. ~ Galatians 5:6


It's been a busy week...and it's only Tuesday...but the biggest theme throughout the weekend and so far this week has been love.  I had a wonderful meeting on Saturday with 4 beautiful women, planning a spiritual weekend in April.  Dinner with my husband that night.  While he loves me doing what I feel God is leading me to do...He dreads this time of the year, because I'm leaving. 

Sunday, the sermon was about letting people see God in you...no matter where you are, what your circumstance.  Our Christian Fellowship Sunday School group prayed over Susan and I, which is always so moving.  After church, we met for lunch with a group of friends to 'send us off.'  It was nice to share in that meal, fellowship, and love.  The beginning of the week has brought sweet calls, emails, and Facebook messages.  I know there are prayers for safe travel and prayers for our families...but all that has been on my mind is the people of the villages in and around Barahona DR that will cross and bless our lives this next week.

So, at 430 in the morning when I check those bags at the airport...they're full!  We anticipate the mission, what will we see, how we all work together as a team, but mostly...will they see Jesus in us?  All the 'stuff' we're carrying in those suitcases...some necessities for us while we're there, but there's also a great deal of 'gifts' and things for friends there.  Through those gifts, hopefully they know and see the love we have for them.  There are little beanie babies for the kids at the hospital while they wait on their surgeries.  There are little bracelets from Oriental Trading that has Jesus love on them...will they see Jesus? At the end of each day and the beginning of the next...through the heat, and the tiresome time...will they see Jesus? 

So the thankfulness,love, prayers and all that I have put in there the past couple of weeks...will they see Jesus in me as much as those that have showed it to me in the past several weeks in getting prepared?  I hope so...that's my prayer. 

Be kind to each other...be Jesus to someone this week that you wouldn't normally come in contact with.  Be a blessing...let them see Jesus in you.

Paula

***I hope to blog while I"m away but it largely depends on WiFi signal where we're staying.  If not, I'll be taking notes and will catch up when I get home.  Thanks for all the prayers...pray for the people of the Dominican Republic.




No comments:

Post a Comment