Thursday, January 5, 2012

Crazy Transition, Busy Year...Empty Suitcase.

2 Timothy 2:15  Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.

It's that time again...normally before now I'm thinking non-stop about the trip.  But, this has been a crazy year that has somewhat left me at times as empty as this suitcase.  So, I'm preparing for the trip by stashing things away in the bottom drawer where I keep all my DR stuff, or I'm realizing how unprepared I am spiritually for this trip this year. 

Gracie graduated from Wingate in May...with a BA in Religious Studies.  She applied and was accepted into Duke Divinity School where she started her studies in August.  It's been a period of growth for her and me.  It's been a reminder from God so often telling me..."I've got this!"  The "I've" isn't me...it's Him.  You see she was going to a city where she knew no one, a larger University than Wingate.  Heck, we didn't even know how to get there.  As of date, I personally have been there about 5 times and I have gone a different way each time AND there's always at least 1 U-turn involved :)

I learned several years back that God's driving the bus...especially the one that guides me to raising, and loving my Gracie.  So...I try to obey and with that...I can add Peace of Mind to the suitcase.

Mid-Summer, my job led me in a new direction.  I was transferred to another department and also transitioned to working at home.  So, I've gone from working as a nurse since getting out of school 30+ years, working with others, to working remotely at home...by  myself.  Just me, the dog, and the cat...and she stays hid all day. 

To say it was an difficult transition...well, that would be an understatement.  While I loved and still love what I'm doing, it took social interaction and very important people in my life away.  So, I sat at home at a desk...doing my job, but felt very much like I was disconnected from a large part of what defined me...in my eyes.  There was a lot of frustration with people saying "I would love to work from home," "lucky you," and various other things...it was me, not them...and I felt like I felt...period.  I do feel  different now...I have adjusted with the help of a lot of encouraging words from my Michael, Gracie, my family and friends.  They were right...all those people...but it took time and mostly it took a lot of prayers.  So, with that I'll add Acceptance to the suitcase, right beside the Peace of Mind.

This time last year, when I was preparing to go to the DR...my step-dad had been gravely ill and we had been told her wouldn't make it through Christmas last year.  He did, and Praise God is still with us...I'm blessed to have 2 sets of parents and they were all 4 able to divide up and attend Gracie and Kayla's (Niece) graduations in May.  So, with the blessings of health of my family for another year....I add Grace to the suitcase.

So...for this day, I've added Peace of Mind, Acceptance, Grace and Mercy to the suitcase.  Tomorrow is another day and as I prepare my heart and mind I'll continue to add to my suitcase. 

“God uses men who are weak and feeble enough to lean on him.”Hudson Taylor
“God’s work done in God’s way will never lack God’s supplies.”- Hudson Taylor





No comments:

Post a Comment