Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Least of These....

It seems that every year it takes a little bit longer to 'come home' in my heart and mind...January 2010 will forever be a part of my heart and mind.  January 12, 2010...the Haiti earthquake.  Being in Barahona, Dominican Republic and God allowing a few of those sweet survivors cross our paths.  To enrich our lives and when I see pictures within my home, my heart smiles way before the curve of my mouth.  I thank God for those faces...and for the memories I'll carry with me forever. 

For the past 8 years, I've realized by the Grace of God I live where I live...but then when I really think long and hard about it...I'm not sure if I'm the one that's blessed or they are there in the Dominican.  We are so blessed here in the United States...sometimes I think too blessed and as a friend and one of our docs replied as we were pulling out of Barahona on the bus headed to Santo Domingo toward home..."we never know when we will be the least of these."

No comments:

Post a Comment